Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My new blog

Today Rachel help me set up my own blog.

I repeat, Rachel help me set up my own blog. I recovered my account from 10th grade, deleted all my old posts and started anew. I wouldn't want anyone reading what I used to write. How embarrassing. Then Rachel helped me put music on.
Things have changed so much from the days when I was on the computer 24/7, writing my own webpages and downloading music. Now people are lucky if I check my email once a month.

People have suggested that I start a blog. I smile and say someday. I would rather not have them looking up the drifting trash I placed on the internet back when no one knew what a blog was. Now my mother is blogging, my dad is blogging, all of my uncles and aunts seem to be blogging, and even my little sisters are blogging. So why not get on the band wagon, again.

I stopped writing so long ago because in my mind I had nothing of value to say and it was eating up my time. No one wants to hear the musings of a shut-up teenage nerd. I was wasting my life writing about what little sad life I had.
I will admit too, that I don't read your blog. No matter who you are, you are lucky if I have glanced at it. Only the Lord cares what's going on in every human being's life at every moment! Occasionally, I read some story that my mom sends me a link to. I always felt that a blog was like an electronic journal. A big electronic journal that dupes you into thinking that you are writing in private, then scatters your words to the four corners of the cyber world. With so many downsides to a blog versus a journal, why write? And why would anyone want to read what I have to say when they don't call and talk to me.

After my blogging days on blogger, I kept another blog on myspace. My friends actually read it. They thought it was humorous and entertaining. I used to see how many people I could get to read a post. Then I got busy with life (real life, haha) and it dropped off.

So today I write, although I'm not sure why or if anyone is reading. Whatever.

7 comments:

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

Me, me! I'm reading your blog, and I definitely care :)

Ken said...

Me too! I'm reading. I think it is a great way to let everyone know what is going on in your life, especially as we spread out and go our own ways!

It is easier than a journal in that you can access it anywhere, and upload pictures. Then again, since it is public, it limits its therapeutic value by what you are will to put out for the world to see, which for me is only good things.

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

I'm glad you're blogging too. Although it is like keeping a journal, which is a good thing. But I also see some communication going on that doesn't always happen face to face. Encouraging comments from an uncle or a father (or a grandmother). I like that aspect of it. Plus it's fun to see pictures of Grant and Ruth's apartment in Houston and their new baby, and read Don's strengthened testimony on his mission in Heber Valley. You can even learn a lot about a person by the music they listen too. I think it helps us get better acquainted.

I would love to see a post about your trip to Europe.
And more pictures of Ariana.

Love,

Grandma O.

Neil said...

I think it's a way to feel connected, but at a time and place that is convenient. I wouldn't call you at 11pm, but I read the blog. Sometimes the pictures mean more than anything. Which reminds me, my camera's not working :-(

brenda said...

Writing is cathartic whether anyone reads or not, but the occasional comment will keep you honest.

Maybe we're all just too shy to call, and blogging strips those inhibitions and lets you communicate when you have time. And you don't even know if little people just interrupted me with screams for icecream. I can come and go, and gather my thoughts. And appear to be coherent. :0) Keep writing. I love you even if I never call.

brenda said...

mmmkkk'k

--MAIA

Neil said...

.. I'm sorry, did you say something? Who are you again, why am I here?
:P
A blog can also be a place where you write about your troubles and get some interesting advice...
Love you,
Em